Unexpected Things in a Black Leather Package

The name Alice Cooper makes one think of nightmares, spiders, snakes, and beheadings.  Yes, Alice Cooper is all about those things in his macabre stage show.  However, Vince Furnier's alter ego is mostly about some kick butt (hey, this is a family friendly blog!), high octane rock and roll.  Mr. Cooper, who is 64, still has all the vocal chops and showmanship that he is known for.  I must admit that I did not expect the show to be as amazing as it was.  I figured I was in for a treat , but had no idea how blown away I would be at the vim and vigor of Alice, the tightness of his band (including the incredible Orianthi on guitar), and the superb song selection.  Since my husband Dan composed a well-thought out and well-written review, I shall defer to his wordsmith stylings.
I saw Alice Cooper at the Raleigh Amphitheater and it was an awesome show. Alice and the band rocked the audience from start to finish without stopping. Rain storms had hit us earlier and the band made sure that they didn't waste time chatting up the audience but instead played an energetic, tight, and impressive performance. They played a great cross-section of Alice's career including some new material that was great (Caffeine, I'll Bite Your Face Off, Wicked Young Man). The band was excellent and mixed in well with Alice's theatrics. Alice was in great form vocally and worked the crowd from one side of the stage to the other. He performed most of his greatest classic tunes but I did miss him growling out Welcome to My Nightmare. That aside, it was one of the best shows I've ever seen. He's a real pro and knows how to give his audience a memorable performance.
Favorite moment: Feed My Frankenstein accompanied by a 10 foot character.

Setlist: Under My Wheels, Only Women Bleed, Poison, Feed My Frankenstein, Eighteen, School's Out, Elected, Cold Ethyl, Muscle of Love, I'll Bite Your Face Off, Hey Stoopid, No More Mr. Nice Guy, Black Widow, Wicked Young Man, I Love the Dead, Billion Dollar Babies, Is It My Body

Opening act(s): Venrez- We missed them.

Well said indeed.  Tune in soon for my KISS show review; they are playing in Raleigh with Motley Crue on 7/22/12.

Until next time, keep it on "11"...

Comments

Popular Posts